Our first meet up will be held at Hal and Mal’s Restaurant and Bar in Downtown Jackson, MS Tuesday July 1st 6 to 8pm in the Brew Pub/Patio area.
Capital City Beverages will be donating a beer for us to sample and their Craft Beer Manager will be on hand to present to us.
The beer we will be sampling is from Yazoo Brewing Company from Nashville, TN. The couple that started the company are actually from MS and got married on next to the Yazoo River…hence the name of the company. Or so I have been told.
The beer of choice is Yazoo Summer Brew – light and tangy wheat ale influenced by traditional german styles with a tart finish.
The Chef is working on food pairing and will be presenting us with small bites for everyone to try. We just found out which beer it would be this morning. The beer is new to our market area.
- When: Tuesday July 1
- Where: Hal and Mal’s Restaurant [map]
- 6pm – Broads & Brews will meet up at in the brew pub/patio area of Hal and Mal’s. Each lady will pay a $4 entrance fee at door and fill out email and phone information. They are welcome to start a tab with the bar or server and casual introductions.
- 6:20pm – Head count for the Chef to begin cooking our treats, group photo and socializing
- 6:40- I have everyone seated and introduce myself and talk a little about Barley’s Angels and why I wanted to start a Jackson chapter and the plans for our group as we grow…fundraisers, town activities, tshirt design suggestion and so on.
- 7:00 – Derek Nelson, Craft Brew Manager @ Capital City Beverages will tell us a little about the women being the original brewers, what defines a craft beer and why we should support those breweries. Then describe the beer of choice and how to use the scorecard. The servers will bring out the small bite pairing for everyone to sample towards the end of his presentation.
- 7:20 – Our Chef, Ryan Bell, will briefly tell us about the small bites and why he felt it would pair well with the Yazoo Summer Brew. Then we will allow time for everyone to talk about the beer and food and ask the guys questions.
- 7:50 – I get up thank both of them for all the info and speaking to us and invite the ladies to stay and have a pint (on their own tab of course), make new friends, and thank everyone for coming to the first meet up of Broads & Brews!
- 8:00 – Begin cleanup of any decorations and pay food tab/gratuities.
Facebook Invite Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/586344738145651/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular