Dinner at Rogue Distillery and Public House
Rogue's Chef Matthew McCalmont has planned a wondrous journey of surf, turf, and orchard flavors for Barley's Angels return to where it all began. Chef Matthew will guide us in a friendly casual setting where we will discuss the simple yet classic techniques he uses to prepare dishes with Rogue beer, mead, and cider.
Women are invited to join us at Rogue Distillery & Public House for this social gathering and salon style conversation. We've given Chef complete creative license and this is what he's serving:
- Halibut Ceviche made and paired with Issaquah Brewhouse's White Frog
- Smoked Salmon Stuffed Mushrooms (mini Portabellas) Made and paired with Morimoto Imperial Pilsner
- Ancho/Cayenne/Coffee rubbed flank steak. Marinated in and paired with Rogue Farms Fresh Roast
- Marionberry-Basil Sorbet Made with Rogue Farms 19 Original Colonies Mead. Paired with Rogue Fruit Salad Cider
- Where: Rogue Distillery & Public House [map]
1339 NW Flanders St., Portland, Oregon 97209
- When: Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 5pm
- Tickets: $25.00, available here. (http://barleysangels.org/product/tickets-rogue-091915/)
We'll socialize a bit as you arrive and get settled. I expect we'll begin serving between 5:15 and 5:30. Plan on about 2 hours. The duration may vary as our conversations develop. I look forward to meeting you!
Chef Matthew McCalmont began having fun with food at age 12 when friends called him Chef-Boy-R-Matty. In the course of his career he apprentice with Master Chef Robert "Bob" Murray, and has served as Executive Chef at the Marriott. Currently Chef Matthew crafts culinary specialties for Rogue Ales. Chef lives in Portland Oregon with his wife and son.