Barley's Angels 2014 Conference
con·fer·ence: /ˈkänf(ə)rəns/ noun: a formal meeting for discussion.
This is a gathering of women who share craft beer professionally or socially. We will explore each angle of beer, food, events and promotion, in practical and meaningful ways that will allow you to share still more of the versatile Craft Brew.
We'll launch our national partnership with a West Coast brewery raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research - we'll be sampling a very special limited edition beer with schwag and fanfare.
We can't disclose more information than that just yet, but very soon.
[UPDATE 8/7/14:] It is with Green Flash Brewing Co that we've partnered with, to bring Treasure Chest 2014 to locations across the nation releasing the very limited edition Barrel Aged Saison with Plum. Join us and Raise a Glass for the Cure with fun and fanfare.
Meet chef and personality The Beeroness (aka Jackie Dodd) as she demonstrates cooking with craft beer. The Beeroness passion for cooking with craft beer has propelled her into the world of celebrity chefs and authors.
Take the Palette Journey with Christine Jump where pairing is more than chocolate and beer. Experience the surprising way that flavors are affected by different beer styles - make your pairings even more powerful.
Glean insights into establishing lasting relationships with the press by understanding how they tick and what they need with publisher Gail Oberst's guidance.
Glassware matters - really, experience the difference as Nick Mallory reveals the Alchemy of Glassware and the craft beer flavor experience.
Pam McGee, veteran festival and events producer for Rogue Ales gets up close and personal discussing the tricks to making beery events that inspire community, are memorable and run smoothly.
The Beeroness, Jackie Dodd
Headshots by Vandiveer Photography
Saturday September 13th
The Barrel Room at Green Dragon Bistro and Pub
10 am - 6 pm, $65 - Includes beer and food featured for each session, and coffee/tea service throughout the day (excluding tips).
- Meet and greet
- Opening Toast - State of the Network - Barley's Angels Director, Christine Jump
- Treasure Chest release - launching our national partnership with Green Flash Brewing Co. Raise a Glass for the Cure
- Cooking with Craft Beer - The Beeroness™
- Palette trip - Pairing a variety of flavors with select beer styles uncovers surprising affects.
- Promoting to gain attention and love from the press - Gail Oberst, publisher of Oregon Beer Growler
- Alchemy of Glassware and beer with Nick Mallory
- Events ins and outs with Pam McGee, Festival producer
Sunday, September 14th - field trip to Rogue Hop Farm
9 am - 3:30 pm $20 - Includes tours, flight of Rogue Farms beers, appetizer and transportation. Tour the hop yard, harvesting facilities and nano brewery in Independence Oregon. Along with a tasting on the picturesque grounds.
- Meet at Green Dragon (transportation provided)
- Board Rogue Farms "Social Hour" transport
- Guided tour of this working hop farm and harvest facilities
- Noon - Casual lunch* at Chatoe Rogue
- Nano brewery tour and tasting Rogue Farms
- 2pm return to Portland
- Return to at Green Dragon
Only 16 seats available for this tour. Click here to reserve yours!
About Rogue Hop Farm
Located along the Willamette River in Independence, Oregon where Rogue is committed to saving the terroir one acre at a time by growing its own hops, rye, jalapenos, pumpkins, hazelnuts, honey and more to brew World Class Ales & Spirits. Home to pot-bellied pigs, Voo & Doo, the farm houses a number of other animals including; free range chickens, turkeys, and honey. Rogue Hops are harvested on location in the historic facilities. *Lunch and additional brews available on your own tab with our hosts.
Explore the Portland Beer Scene.
For those that plan to be in Portland on Friday there are abundant opportunities to explore Beervana (Portland) before the conference begins on Saturday. Below are just a couple.
Use our map of breweries and places where craft beer can be found to plan your exploration of the Portland Beer Scene.
Local brewers are very amenable to giving tours. Give them a call well in advance to request them.
Pedalounge A craft beer party on wheels It's a bike on steroids seating 16 fun seeking folks up for a good time. Cruise the streets of the Southeast Brewing District in Portland for a couple of hours, wave hello to onlookers and stop for a cold ale if you're thirsty. The ride and party on wheels is provided. Food and drink is up to you at each stop. They need a minimum of 8 of the 16 seats confirmed to launch a Pedalounge tour. At the time of this writing, available days and times are:
- Friday ($23 per seat) 1-3:30, 4-6:30, 7-9:30.
- Sunday ($20 per seat) Noon-2:30, 3-5:30, 6-8:30.
- En route are:
- Tennessee Red's Barbecue Co
- Pin Stripes Bar & Grill Llc
- Lucky Labrador Brew Pub
- Green Dragon Bistro and Pub
- Cascade Brewing Barrel House
- Commons Brewery
- Ladd's Inn Restaurant & Bar
- Beermongers LLC
Brewvana Brewery Tours Guided tours. Includes tours, tastings and food. BREWVANA is led by a team of beer passionate individuals that live, love and drink craft beer in Portland Oregon. Our tour guides are very knowledgeable about beer, but they won’t overwhelm you with info you aren't interested in hearing. They are facilitators of fun and great to hang out with. They will introduce you to beer and the different styles that each brewery has to offer, teach you the nuances of tasting and the different ingredients used to make beer. Beer is both their passion and their job! They are there to make sure you have a good time and your experience with BREWVANA is the best ever!
- Friday Behind The Scenes Tour 1-5pm Breweries visited: Buckman Botanical, Laurelwood, Widmer, Upright $85, limited seating - book early.
- Friday Old School Tour 3-6pm Breweries visited: Old Town Brewing, Ecliptic Brewing and McMenamins Kennedy School (Concordia Brewery) $75, limited seating - book early.