Last updated 2/19/2014
- We are a global organization of knowledgeable women sharing craft beer with women.
- Founded 2/2011 with the first chapter meeting at Rogue Ales Public House in Portland Oregon.
- 62 Chapters world wide, a 215% increase over 19 months.*
- In six countries: Argentina, Australia, Canada, Germany, UK, USA.
- Chapters must:
- Be established by a women.
- Charge an event fee.
- All events are for women only (exceptions made for presenters and media).
- Reach figures include:.
Average annual attendance at meetings combined – over 14,300.
Average of 482 meetings 2013-2014
6010 Internet presence/reach in last 30 days. (As of 9/30/12, using twitter & facebook friends, likes/reach).
- Encourage education and interest in beer among this demographic group.
- Advance the female craft beer consumer.
- Work with craft-beer focused breweries, brewpubs, restaurants in creating a comfortable environment for female consumers.
- Or as the London Chapter organizer Melissa Cole puts it:
Barley’s Angels, the global business founded to help more women gain access to great beer!
This movement was started by the world’s leading female beer experts who decided it’s time to combat crap brews, and its side-kick bad beer image, and get women all over the globe enjoying incredible artisan ale (and lager!).
These kick-ass experts, including the London Chapter Arch Angel Melissa Cole, will be unmasking the evil myths that hold their fellow females back from the truth of craft beer, helping them unmask the incredible flavours found in these artisan products and bashing down the doors of beer prejudice wherever they find them.
* Barley’s Angels has grown to 111 chapters in seven countries as of 3/4/16.
WHAT WE ARE NOT:
Barley’s Angels is not just a social, beer-drinking club for women. Barley’s Angels respect beer and brewing, have a thirst for education, enjoy beer responsibly and act appropriately at all times.